How to Smoke Smokable Flowers, the Pro Way
Sure, you may be smoking a roll or two but has it ever crossed your mind how the pros do it? It’s more than rolling a joint and puffing.
We have gathered tips and tricks from puffers around the world (mostly from Reddit where all the cool people hang out) on how to best enjoy hemp flowers. But before that, let’s touch on smokable flowers first and maybe dip a bit of the science behind them.
Let’s get nerdy.
What is Smokable Flower?
Smokable flowers are exactly what you imagine them, rolled dried cannabis buds that you smoke as you would a tobacco or cigarette.
There are two types of smokable flowers – hemp and marijuana. The only difference is the set of cannabinoids each contains.
Marijuana flowers are full of delta 9 THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), a cannabinoid active for inducing the feelings of “high.” On the other hand, hemp might contain traces of delta 9 THC but it’s more difficult to get high with it. Instead, hemp flowers are mostly rich in precious compounds like CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), and more.
Note: The term smokable flower refers to the cannabis flower part (sometimes referred to as “bud”) abundant in cannabinoid-rich trichomes. Sometimes, companies mix cannabis flowers with other physical plant parts.
Now onto the juicy parts.
Ways Smokable Flowers Are Enjoyed
They say to break the rule, you have to know the rule first. So here’s a list of the classic ways smokables are smoked.
- Joints or pre-rolls
The most common and undoubtedly the original way of smoking cannabis flowers is through joints or pre-rolls. One can’t complain. They’re easy to use, affordable, convenient, etc.You can DIY joints by the way. First, grind the flower. Roll it in hemp or rice paper. Light the end of the joint and smoke it. Users claim they’re charmed by how natural and primitive rolling a joint is.
Pre-rolls are ready-to-smoke joints you buy from dispensaries and online stores. You don’t have to lift a finger to make one, you just literally light the pre-rolled joint and enjoy it as it is.
Do you want to save time, inhale a large volume of smoke, and get immediate effects all at the same time? Smoking cannabis flowers through bongs might just do the trick for you.A bong has three parts – a tube, a container, and water storage. The water from the storage dilutes the smoke, smoothening the hit. Even if there is not enough water, the bong has additional compartments filtering the smoke. The container is where you put the flower.
Once everything is set, inhale gently using the mouthpiece attached to the tube.
The other attractive thing about bongs is their superior filtering system for potentially toxic substances.
Flower pipes are reminiscent of tobacco pipes, only they’re made of ceramic, glass, or wood-like materials like bamboo.What’s great about pipes is you can reuse them. The only work you need to exert is the grinding of the flower and inserting them in the small bowl at the pipe’s end. The trick is to fill the bowl densely with flowers so the burn is continuous.
Once everything is set, light the nugs, inhale, and enjoy.
The charm of pipes is it’s easy to use and small enough to carry for travels. However, unlike bongs with filtering systems, a pipe’s smoke is unfiltered and raw.
- Dry herb vape Yes, there are vape designs that cater to dry herbs or flowers. These electronic vaporizers have compartments where you can place smokable herbs inside. The device then heats up the flower producing a vapor rich in a blend of cannabinoids.
How Do Pros Smoke It?
You don’t necessarily enjoy what others are enjoying. Sometimes, you need to experiment, break tradition, and custom-fit things to fit your desired experience. This is what makes pro-smokers pro, they simply find ways to amp up their smoking methods even if it means breaking the standard.
So you’ve scanned through the list of classic ways smokables are enjoyed. Now, here’s how to boost them to achieve what you “truly” like.
Let the rule-breaking start.
- Combine different strains in one joint
Strains are different breeds of cannabis with specific sets of cannabinoids designed to elicit specific effects to its consumer. Some strains may be rich in CBD while others with high THC content are bred for recreational use.It’s common to smoke one cannabis strain at a time. Some might only want to smoke a CBD-rich strain flower for non-recreational use but pro ones like to blend strains until they get the exact experience they want at that moment.
Try this! Blend of THCV, delta 8, CBN, CBD, and CBC -rich strains. Add citrusy-rich terpene strain to the party.
- Use titanium mesh screens for bongs A bong’s water storage sometimes gets dirty from all the debris made from all the huffing and puffing. Added filtering strategies like inserting titanium mesh screens prevent resins and debris from falling into your water storage.Titanium does not interact with the fumes produced from heating the nugs. Also, they don’t break easily.
- Try experimental smoking devices
Laser BongElevate your smoking experience by trying experimental devices like laser bongs. These might be new to the market but the use of laser-combustion technology is something you shouldn’t miss.
Because it doesn’t use a flame, laser bongs aren’t just cool, they’re healthier. The laser-combustion technology does not burn the flower beyond damage, instead, they keep the flower’s integrity.
- Try freezing your bongs and pipes Chilled bongs and pipes operate better. You just need to pop your bong or pipe inside the freezer and let the coolness do wonders for your next smoking sesh.Some bongs include freezable glycerin chambers that allow bongs to stay colder for longer hours.
- Eat a mango Mangoes aren’t only sumptuous, they might also be the next big help when it comes to enhancing your next smoking session.Mangoes are rich in a terpene called myrcene, same with some types of cannabis variety. Because you’ve taken extra myrcene (care of the mango you’ve just eaten) while consuming cannabis, THC and myrcene will interact enhancing the overall smoking experience. The effects may vary from person to person but it wouldn’t hurt to try.
Smoke How You Want to Smoke It